Recipe of the Week
September 30, 2010
I first made this dressing in Ocean City MD when I developed the recipe for "Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches". You will find it to be a very versatile condiment. This is an awesome dressing for sandwiches, salads, or as a dip for fresh seafood.
*1 ½ cups real mayonnaise
* ½ cup sour cream
* ¾ cup chili sauce (like Heinz Chili Sauce)
*1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
*2 Tablespoons minced kosher dill pickles
*1 Tablespoon minced green peppers
*2 Tablespoons minced onions
*4 teaspoons finely grated fresh horseradish or drained bottled horseradish
*2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* ½ teaspoon your favorite vinegar hot sauce
*2 teaspoons sugar
1 pinch fresh ground pepper
* ½ teaspoon paprika
*1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
2. Make sure that you DO NOT over blend the ingredients.
3. Refrigerate the dressing in an air tight container such as a mason jar until time to serve.
4. Make sure to stir the dressing before using to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.